Sunday, February 4, 2018

Road to U520K Canada - January is Done!

Whew!  Made it through January.  This felt like the longest month ever!  But, I got in some good training and managed to make it fun throughout!   Here's the race I'm getting ready for...

Ultra520K Canada

My mantra for 2018 - get a little better every day.  So each day, I'm trying.  Trying to be a better athlete, better coach, better friend, better wife, better mom.  It's not always easy, and I often fail.  But, I'm trying!



Here's January:

Swimming - 19,900 yards/meters.  This might not seem like much to my swimming friends, but I'm coming off 3 years of not swimming.  I was worried that building up my swimming, however gradually, would flare up the issues with my arms.  For those who are not aware, I have muscle weakness and pain in my arms from some medical issues dating as far back as 2013.  So, the fact that I'm up to swimming 3000 yards twice a week is huge for me!  The first 1000 yards are always a bit painful, but my arms seem to be figuring it out!  I'll be swimming 3000+ three days a week in February.

Cycling - 312 miles.  Again - not a ton, but I didn't ride much in 2017, so I'm gradually building this up.  Cycling always comes back pretty quickly for me and seems the easiest for me.  Love being back on my bike!

Running - 111 miles.  This has been fun!  A New Years Day run with fast friends - I was just hanging on in the back!  Sometimes running on dry trails on warm days.  Sometimes running in snow.  But, lots of great miles with friends. 

Rest Days - 3.   These were wonderful!  My recovery week was amazing!  And, the body is holding up well so far!

Running a 5k for fun this morning to top off my recovery week.  Then, it's back at it in February!  Want to swim, bike or run with me?!  Shoot me a message - I'm always up for company!

New Years Day run with some fast ladies!
A long 16 mile run in Waterton Canyon.


No comments:

Post a Comment