Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Ultra 520K Training - Weeks 3 and 4

Still just building some easy training and enjoying the early weeks of training.  I'm still enjoying time with the family, soccer, relaxing.  I know there will be less relaxing in 2018!! So, I want to take advantage of it now.



Week of Oct 16:
Swim = 5000 yards
Bike = 16 miles
Run = 25+ miles
Strength = 1 hour (1 session)

Highlights: I got to run with Denise C, Rebecca,  Kara and Denise E this week.  I also had the opportunity to introduce some people to trail running.  They loved it, and they don't hate me!   I also got to ride with Roger.   Doing what I love with great people is why I have trained and raced for 22 years.  Thank you, guys!

Missed the Mark:  Tuesday I had a major vertigo episode.  One of the worst I have had.  I didn't snap out of it for about 8 hours.  And the effects lingered for weeks.  So, I missed pilates and a run as well as a ride the following day.  But, I'm doing PT and hopefully will get a handle on this soon.   Thanks to Tonya for working with me on this!

Notes:  Vertigo was a big factor this week.  :(

Week of Oct 23:
Swim = 2600 yards
Bike = 37+ miles
Run = 19+ miles
Strength = 45 minutes (1 session)

Highlights: Got to ride with Roger, though we nearly froze to death!  Also got to ride with Jess.   Had a fun trail running adventure at Matthews Winters with Kara and Rebecca - forgot how hard that 6.5 mile loop is.  And, I ran a 5k for fun since I was working at the event.

Missed the Mark:  Missed one strength session.  And, I let myself have a Saturday off for kids soccer and college football.  It was pretty awesome!

Notes:  I don't love racing 5ks.  But, running a 5k without chip timing, etc. for fun with a bunch of people in Halloween costumes is fun!  Pretty excited to run The Great Candy Run with the family in a few weeks!

On to weeks 5 and 6!!

No comments:

Post a Comment