Sunday, February 19, 2017

50 Days and Counting - Thanks to Great People!

Whew!  The streak is alive.  Barely.  50 straight days of workouts.   The streak almost ended Friday.  The kids were out of school, so I juggled play dates, errands, swim lessons and gymnastics.  By the time Brian got home near 6pm, I just didn't want to run.   The 13 mile trail run in Deer Creek Canyon left my ankles and feet feeling like I'd run a marathon.  Or two.   I was tired.  It was dark.  I just didn't want to.   Brian encouraged me to just head to the rec center and get in a few miles.  Nope.  Don't want to.

All I could think about as I laced up my shoes, drove to the rec center, did some dynamic warm ups - I don't want to.  But, I did!   I ran 1.5 miles on the indoor track and 2.5 on the treadmill.  My shortest workout in 50 days, but got it done!

Saturday - the 50th day - was much easier to get motivated.  Dry, warm weather and I got to coach the TNT Lavaman team on the bike.  Plenty of climbing, which I love.  The TNT team always provides the motivation I need to get out there.  They are excited about their race and you can tell!

Then, we had a going away dinner for a friend last night.  There were 15 of us at dinner.  I met all of these amazing 15 people through endurance sports, specifically TNT.  They range in age from late 20s to late 40s.  All different backgrounds.  But, we met in an atmosphere of support and encouragement, so as we have moved on to different things from our first meetings, we continue that atmosphere of love and support as we send Mike off to his next adventure.

I've said this a million times.  I've met so many great people through endurance sports and through TNT.  I'm so grateful for these people!

So, off I go chasing the 60th day of this streak.  I feel like I can get there because I have the support of my family and friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment