Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Journey to U520K Canada - March - Done!

More fun in March!  Some "racing", lots of training, fun with friends.  It's been another great month!

March was a little easier because I had a week of taper before my first 50k and a week of recovery after it.  Still got in some good training!  Here's the scoop:

Swimming - 26,800 yards - I'm swimming 3500-4500 yards in each swim now.  And, feeling great!  I still find this a surprise.  I'm not as fast as I once was, but even with the muscle weakness in my arms, I'm feeling pretty good in the water.

Cycling - 262 miles - Got in some good rides in March.  Still some on the trainer where I always cut my planned distance down to 75% of my outdoor plan.  I got to ride with Kat up to Red Rocks and show her that masterpiece.  She loved the climb!  ;)



Running - 132 miles - Some really fun running this month including my first 50k trail race.  Check out my previous blog post for that race report.  I did another 20 mile trail run followed the next day by a road half marathon.  A hillier course than the one in February, and I ran it 7 minutes faster even on really tired legs.  Felt great!

We had pretty great weather all month and dry trails to run.  Except that one day when Kara and I ventured down to Larkspur. A little snow, but still a beautiful day.  And, I still can't believe I ran 33 miles on some hard trails in Moab.  It was awesome!  And, I had the privilege of running a really fun St. Pat's Day 5k with Tracy and my girls to celebrate Tracy's comeback to running.





Rest days - 6 - One was to rest up for the 50k.  Two were to recover from it.  The rest were just working around the family schedule.

I hope to do more swimming, cycling and running with all of you in April.  Join me anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment