1. Team in Training (TNT) will get you ready for the Lavaman Triathlon. The race is an Olympic distance on March 30, 2014 in Kona, HI. This is a great race for beginners or more advanced athletes. http://www.lavamantriathlon.com/waikoloa/
2. Training will include a complete schedule so you will know exactly what to do every day to get ready. You will have access to an online schedule that you can check anywhere, anytime. Beginners, intermediate and advanced athletes will have options to help everyone achieve their goals.
3. Group workouts will include coached runs on Tuesday evenings, coached swim workouts on Wednesday evenings and coached bikes/runs/combo workouts on Saturday mornings. Gain new skills, receive encouragement and have fun training with your teammates.
4. In addition to coaching by certified coaches, a great training schedule, three group workouts each week and a LOT of fun, you will also receive:
- A TNT training shirt.
- 4 night hotel stay at this ridiculously awesome hotel. http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com
- Bike transportation to and from Hawaii.
- Race entry.
- Inspiration dinner the night before the race and Victory dinner/party after the race.
- Triathlon top to race in.
So, what do you have to do? Come join our awesome team, work hard, achieve your goals and raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. You will have a team mentor who will walk you through the fundraising part of this program. And, it's easier than you think. We took 40+ people to the Lavaman Triathlon this year and all of them raised the money and completed the program. So, you can, too! Plus you can rest easy knowing that almost 80% of every dollar raised goes directly to the mission of curing blood cancers. That's incredible if you compare us to other health organizations. The fundraising commitment is $4700 for this event. And, if you want to get registered NOW, you can start fundraising right away, so that gives you about 5 months to get it done. TNT alumni - you get a discount on the fundraising commitment, so be sure to ask about that! We'd love to see you back!
If you have questions, please let me know. I cannot say enough great things about this program and about this race. I will be coaching again this year, but in 2012, I was a fundraising participant and completed the race. It was amazing! Don't miss this.
I don't want to hear about how you would love to do a triathlon but you can't swim. Do you know how many people have come into this program as terrible swimmers? A lot. And many of them have gone on to race Ironman triathlons with 2.4 mile swims. So, you can do it! We can teach you!
I don't want to hear about how you would love to do it, but you can't raise the money. Brian and I have raised money for 7 or 8 different events. It can be done!
This is a great cause. I've met some amazing families who have struggled with blood cancers. We can each do something to help. So, join us!!